Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas is upon us

I don't know about you but the years just seem to be getting shorter and shorter.

Now I know that is not true for some people. It is only those who are very busy that have this problem.

I am not complaining about having this problem. It is far better than being bored.

However being busy does have it's down falls. So to overcome this, I have joined a gym. Yes this time I have CHOSEN to join a gym.

So what has this done for me?

It has relieved my back pain, helped me sleep better at night, increased my energy and overall wellbeing and encouraged me to eat less and better.

My diet is usually pretty good but what I have found is I dont have the desire to eat sweet things to the same extent. There is also and added bonus. In the first 6 weeks I have shed 2" off my hips, 1" off my waist and 1/2" off my thighs.

My weight has not been an issue for me. I have been stable for years and for me it is a healthy weight but my energy levels have increased and that is important to me.

With my overall wellbeing improved I have the energy to enjoy another new grand-daughter due next week. I already have one 3 year old grand-daughter who keeps me busy so with 2 I am going to need all the energy I can muster.

So if you too have been considering joining a gym I would recommend it. I have set my target at 3 days a week. So my recommendation is you set the number of times you want to go and get into a routine. It is then just like going to work each day - part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment