Sunday, March 20, 2011

Have you looked at your Gratitude Journal Lately?

It doesnt do us any harm in the world of Me Me Me, to go through a crisis from time to time to make us realise just how lucky we are.

It is so easy to focus more on what we don't have but when the chips are down we really get a lesson on how lucky we are and what is really important. What am i talking about?

Last week I became unwell and ended up spending a couple of days in bed and another in Emergency Dept for tests. It is at these times one feels most grateful. So today I am going to tell you what I am grateful for in my life.

I am grateful for my wonderful children. My daughter stayed in Emergency Department for 11 hours with me. She was constantly in contact with my sons all through the day - one local and one in UK. They even kept their father up to date (we have been divorced for 24 years)

I am grateful for my sisters who were in constant contact with my daughter so see how I was and when I came home they called.

I am grateful for my friends who kept in contact with me and who did the work that needed to be done.

And you know at the end of the day, this is all what we need. To be loved and cared for. How powerful is that.

So what are you grateful for today? It never does any harm to reflect on the truly wonderful things in your life and how much they mean to you. take a moment to reflect. It may be the best investment in your time you spend today.

No comments:

Post a Comment