Sunday, March 13, 2011

Technology

I really feel for older people (not that I am a spring chicken myself) getting used to settling into to new environments, trying to make sense of this ever changing world where every thing happens so quickly and the young say "It's so cool" or "It's so easy". So what am I rabbiting on about,

Well my computer was so slow I spent untold time waiting for it to chug along (and it is only 4 years old) so I got myself a new one. Yes a modern, up to the minute laptop with all the bells and whistles - Window 2010. Designed to make life easier and quicker. Yeah Right.

Admitted I have only been working on it a few hours but I reckon I have wasted more time on this today than if I had done a full days work on my old one. My trusty old friend and companion is sitting beside me beckoning me "Use me please" but I am resisting. I am just plugging along with the new one waiting for it to do all the things it's suppose to do the way I want it to.

My daughter, who is so patient with me, just does everything so easily and quickly. Oh I am so grateful to have her around to help me. I would be completely lost by now and crying into my pillow or threatening to throw it out the window.

Yes it is much harder for us older people to keep up with this newer and faster technology. I can understand those who don't want to know anything about it. However on a final note, I wouldn't be without my computer. Would you? How did we manage without them?

No comments:

Post a Comment