Sunday, April 24, 2011

Did you know the colour you wear influences the impact you have on others?

Yes this is for real. I know that the colours I wear reflect how I'm feeling. I first became aware of this when my marriage broke up. I would not see or visualise myself in anything but black, white or grey. Every other colour, I thought, looked terrible on me.

I also know that the more colourful my clothes are the more joyful I am and my personality and behaviour reflects this.

Well apparently this is true. You can see more on this website http://www.colourcomfort.com/

Here are some examples of colour and impact.
If you want show determination, activity and motivation then wear red.
If you want to show authority, wisdom or intelligence, then wear navy blue
If you want to show calmness, inspriation or fantasising, then wear purple
If you are an innovative thinker, ready for change then magenta or fuschsia is your colout. (this is a colour I wear a lot and feel really good wearing)
Now if you want create harmony, decision making and team work then wear green. Give it a try at a staff meeting and see the results.
Interesting if you are reserved, mysterious or want to blend in, wear black. How many people wear black!!! Lighten it up with a colour and see the results.

Now you don't have to be decked out totally in the colour to create impact. It can be as simple as an accessory like a cardigan, tie or scarf.

There are many more colours that influence people so go and have a look at the website and see what you come up with and use colour to your advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment