Monday, May 9, 2011

Repetition is the mother of skill

I always become really heartened when something positive happens in my day. Last week I got an email from Fiji from people interested in my online training. As this training for caregivers is relevant in all countries, it has inspired me and excited me at the future of online training.

Being able to repeat the training over and over again is a benefit as I know that when ever I attend any training session I only pick up on a small amount of content, I then have to put it into practice and go back for another session to gradually build on my knowledge.

When I learnt to speak in front of a group of people I attended 6 full weekends training. I paid for the first one then I went along and helped in my own time, for another 5 weekends. This is what has given me confidence to speak in front of a group.

I have sat through countless sessions that Gigi Lim has presented on Medications for Clinical Update in the last 5 years and I am still learning things and I know they have been in presentations before.

So the beauty of the online training is that your staff can listen to the same training session several times till they understand the topic. That wouldn't that save you time in not having to repeat yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment