Sunday, May 15, 2011

Educating Caregivers on who is paying them

I am working towards helping caregivers have a wider perspective on the care they are giving and how where the money comes from. I am doing this by frequently mentioning through my inservice workshops that the client/resident is actually the person who is employing them because they are paying for their care.

Payment can be directly through their own bank account or indirectly through the taxes they have paid over the years. I explain that the company they work for are only the filter or the bank if you like that collects the money and pays caregivers wages.

I also try to get them to understand that wastage of products like continence pads, are actually paid for by them through their taxes as the overnment subsidises the products.

I do this in the hopes that they will look carefully at the way they not only look after people but also in the way they use products and equipment. If caregivers have a wider understanding of how the money comes in to pay their wages and that they are paying for wastage may help them think a little about the care they give.

I hope to get them away from the government being a bottomless pit and that business have access to unlimited finance. This is not true. The money has to come from somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment