Sunday, September 19, 2010

All it takes is a phone call

Currently I have someone who keeps sending me faxes that I cannot answer. I don't know the motive behind this but have a suspicion that someone is trying to tell me something.

I send out faxes to people on my data base to remind them of upcoming courses. Some people have a phone fax so a fax is not automatically received. Others appear to turn their fax off at night.

Recently I received a letter from my phone company stating they had received a complaint because a fax from my phone had woken up a person 4 times during the night. I have not been told who this person is, and there is no way for me to find out who it is as the Privacy Act prevents this information being devulged.

Now the issue for me here is, all it takes is a phone call to tell me to remove them from the list. With out this information I can do nothing.

Another point is it is a business fax. There is currently no law in New Zealand that requires me to get permission from a business to receive a fax unlike emails.

I am now getting someone who has set a fax to come back to me that i cannot answer. A nuisence fax - and yes it is a nuisence.

The thing is, if it is an impostion to receive a fax all that has happen is ring or email me to take them off the fax list. It is not hard. I will not be offended or upset. I will not take any reprisals either. All I will do is take them off the fax list.

This sort of retaliatory behaviour is so unnecessay. I am not in the business of upsetting people. If I have done this, then I apologise.

No comments:

Post a Comment