Sunday, September 12, 2010

A personal gripe!

My mother is in care. She loves the place she is in and the caregivers are fantastic but this weekend she did not have a wonderful experience.

The caregiver taking care of her was rough and hurt her while drying her after a shower. Put her on the toilet and then walked out and left her for a long time. Didn't tidy up her room and on top of all of this, Mum couldn't understand her accent. In essence the caregiver didn't care!

Now I am not angry at the place she is in as they really take good care of her. I am angry at the Agency who provided this caregiver for a weekend shift and caregiver abused and neglected my mother.

Facilities have no way of checking out staff they hire from an agency. They have a reasonable expectation that the agency will provide trained compassionate cargivers to deliver the care the facility expectes. Clearly this was not the case yesterday.

Needless to say I laid a compalint with the facility that they can pass on to the agency. I am also prepared to go to the agency myself but will let the facility deal with it initially.

No comments:

Post a Comment