Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happiness

Talking about happiness what is happiness? Is it a state of wellbeing? A state of inner peace? A sense of wholeness?

I guess it is something very individual however I think it is a state that many people have lost or forgotten what it feels like.

When did you last have a belly laugh? Something that rocks and shakes your whole insides. When did you last burst into peels of laughter?

For me it has been quite a long time. The art of laughter seems to have passed me by. Are you in the same boat?

To examine this a little more for myself living on my own there is not a lot of opportunities to break out into a belly laugh. Sure when I go out I enjoy myself and I smile and laugh but it is not a belly laugh that often.

Recently I went to a friends place for dinner. I didnt acutally know it was her birthday nor did i know any of the people there apart from her. There was a just a small gathering.

Before I left home I would have given anything to stay home. I was tired. I had a headache but I said i would go to dinner so I went.

After dinner my friends brother devised a quiz on how much did we know about his sister. Well I have to say we didnt know a lot but what did happen we had a lot of laughs. It has to be one of the best nights out I have had for a long time.

The final note here was I found my laughter germ again and my headache went. I come home relaxed and had a wonderful nights sleep. Stark reminder of how easy it is to lose the art of laughter. Have your lost your laughter germ too?

No comments:

Post a Comment