Sunday, October 24, 2010

What is Reverence

On uesday night last week (19th October) I was on Improv Radio with Pat Armitstead. In Pat's show, she uses the Virtues Cards.

The Virtues Club was founded 25 years ago in Canada. They researched all the religions in the world and took from each the common words used by each and brought them together as a tool to help parents rear their children with these values.

I was to draw the card for the show and I drew Reverence.

The word Reverence is quite a difficult word to explain. I think it is something that is inate in us but in European society we lose quite early on in life because we are taught to live so much in our heads.

Reverence to me is a state of being. It is a soul connection where a person allows thenself to just be themselves. A state where a person is not striving for or too something just being at one with nature and themselves.

I would be interested to hear what others say about reverence. You can either add to this blog or email me at leigh@clinicalupdate.co.nz

If you want to listent to the show http://www.planetaudio.org.nz/player/player1.php?id=73382 it is well worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment