Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It is with a heavy heart I write

The sadness of what has happened in Christchurch is so over whelming particularly as I was in Christchurch this last weekend. While I am pleased that my friends are all okay, I, like many of you I am sure, feel so for the devastation they have suffered and the continued suffering they are going to experience.

I would like to do something but what? Sitting up here watching the whole disaster unfold on television I have found very distressing as I am helpless. Apart from giving money, there is little else anyone can do at this point.

There are so many people who are now displaced - taken away from their own homes or living spaces. Rest home residents transported out of Christchurch, mothers having babies early and having to leave their city to do so, injured people leaving their loved ones behind to be treated in other centres. All too much to bear.

But they are all alive. I guess that is some comfort.

For those who have lost loved ones, my heart goes out to you. There is little I can say apart from my prayers are with you as are the prayers of many New Zealanders and people from around the world.

I guess in the end, their is little protection for us when mother natures trackes her path.

No comments:

Post a Comment